Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 40: We Asked the Boys to be Baptized and they Said YES

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, what a week. This week has been fast and we had a lot of good things happen. We found a lot of good people, worked with a lot of current investigators, and completed a lot of our goals. Anyways, J. didn't get baptized....again. I'm at a loss with her and the only thing we are going to do is have regular appointments and center them around Christ and hope that she will finally come to us and say that she is ready. Anyways, what can you do?

But, the missionary work went good this week! We found some new people, we have lots of appointments and plans for this week so we are really excited about that!!! I did hear about Guillermo! I didn't know it was Spanish speaking, that's awesome!!!! :D I'm really really excited for him! Haha!!! Well today was a bit of a bummer because I spilled stuff on one of my favorite ties three different times! UGH! it was soooooooo lame!!! Anyways! :) So we asked the boys to be baptized and they said yes. We haven't set a date but we are working on it. We are going to have a lesson with B.C. tomorrow and then a FHE with the C. family this week or the next!! :D Yes, I am rotating my shoes. My old ones are getting really beat up. I'm trying to make them last until my year mark at least :D I'm used to all the walking so I don't get sore hardly ever! We probably walk 2-4 miles every day depending on if we have lessons or not. So our sector is probably a mile wide and a mile and a half long! But the length is pretty much just a big hill.

So I'm kinda at a loss about what else to say. The sister missionaries in our district just had a baptism and the other sister missionaries will be having two this coming Sunday. Elder Kern and I are the only companionship that hasn't had a baptism this change yet. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up to everybody. 

Anyways, more next week I suppose! I love you all :) take care!

Elder Bushman
 
Elder Asay, Elder Lee, Elder Cottrell, Elder Kern, and Elder Bushman at a PIZZA BUFFET

PIZZA BUFFET

This is a dog with a haircut like a LION!
 
"We as a people have one supreme thing to do, and that is to call upon the world to repent of sin, to come to God. And it is our duty above all others to go forth and proclaim the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, the restoration again to the earth of the plan of life and salvation. We have in very deed the pearl of great price. We have that which is of more value than all the wealth and the scientific information which the world possesses. We have the plan of life and salvation. The best way in the world to show our love for our neighbor is to go forth and proclaim the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, of which he has given us an absolute knowledge concerning its divinity." - Heber J. Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment