Monday, October 13, 2014

Yr. 2, Week 29: My Companion Came!

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm very, very grateful for having been giving trials and challenges and difficulties in the mission. It is making me grow and it is making me stretch and learn. I'm becoming a better person thanks to these experiences! 

This week I have felt a little stressed...my eye has been twitching, strangely enough! Anyways, I've been sick with a cold and a sore throat, I've technically been a lone ZL since E' Pirir isn't my companion, I have a sector to manage, a zone to help, new investigators to find, responsibilities to fulfill, and I need to help the people we are visiting right now to progress and to be converted and to be baptized! ... Anyways, I've felt a little stressed and worried but I think that made me grow and thanks to Christ, I held the fort down until Elder Laurentino could come! :D 

So, anyways, my companion came! Elder Eri Laurentino...21 years old, from Fortaleza, Brazil (the Northeast end of the country). He speaks Portuguese, Spanish, and speaks English very well...but he wants to get better. I speak English, Spanish (although I need to improve), and he said he would teach my Portuguese! :D Hopefully I can speak decently come Christmas and I meet his family over Skype :) Anyways, he is a great guy, he's been out in the mission one year and is ready to work. I really feel like he can help me out A TON with all the responsibilities. There are some people who leave you with a heavy load but I really believe that he can help me out a ton.

I'm a lot better feeling. I don't have a sore throat, I still have a bit of a stuffy nose, but I feel 100%! I am also very glad that it wasn't too bad during the week and I was still able to work 100% and I didn't have to sleep any more or stay in the house, just kept trucking... Just like one of my favorite country songs says, "Soaking in the rain, baking in the sun...Don't quit 'til the job GETS DONE!" 

We've found a few new investigators this week! S. and L., a few friends of some members and F., a contact! Hopefully they will really work out and they'll be good investigators for us! :D

Anyways, I'm going to start recording some experiences with my voice recorder again...Sorry I've been so lazy about that! :)

Take care everybody, I love you all!

Elder Bushman
 
Reunited with Elder Muzante

FHE with the G. Family





Elder Pirir - my companion for one week
 “Divine aid can be ours every hour of every day, no matter where we are in the path of obedience.” - Elder Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment