Monday, March 16, 2015

Yr. 2, Week 51: I am Forever Indebted and Grateful

Dear Family and Friends,

First off, a couple things mom: no I won't be writing next week. We do our changes and we have some free time but we aren't doing much and then they take us to the airport, so this will be the last time I write, just FYI. Also, don't worry about a calling card, we've survived 2 years, we can wait 4 hours more :) Plus, it'll make the reunion that much AWESOMER! :D 

Second, here's a little update on the week we had. A few highlights! ...

1. Our investigator L. is making EXCELENT progress. He's been alcohol free for a week and a half and has been reading the BofM (he's in chapter 8), he's praying with his wife, and we had two great visits this week with members from the ward. J and H.S. came with us and they both supported him a lot and really just made him feel GREAT! Anyways, we are super stoked for him, he's got a baptismal date for the 5th of April. I'm really excited to see the photo of his baptism. 

2. This week we visited the B. family twice and they were GREAT visits. The first one we were able to teach a bit about church and baptism and the BofM. They are reading so great. C. is in like chapter 6 of 1 Nephi, G. is in chapter 5 of 1 Nephi, D. is almost done with 2 Nephi. IT'S so awesome. The youngest boy C., D., and G. have baptismal dates for the 12 of April. We invited C. to be baptized and he accepted but we weren't able to commit him 100% for the 12th, but that's a job for this week. We had a sick lesson with G. last night where we read the BofM and talked about it. She told us about the change she feels in her family, the incredible spirit she feels in her home, and how much she loves the BofM. Anyways, it was amazing. I love that family! They will be baptized, if not on the 12th, soon after it :D Elder Deal and his new companion (?) are going to do a great job.

3. So we were FINALLY able to visit with D. and her family. Last week they told us that they had some doubts and that this and that and the other! This week we talked a little bit about God's will, and his commandments, and asking and receiving. We read 1 Nephi 2 and it just hit her hard. She prayed at the end and it her prayer she asked God to help her resolve her doubts but that above all that he helped her to do his will. It was awesome!


Everyone, Friends and Family, everyone I know! THANK YOU for your support and for writing me and for praying for me while I have been on the mission! I have felt your influence and I want you all to know that the mission has changed me and I am forever indebted and grateful to my Heavenly Father for this opportunity! May God bless you through His Son Jesus Christ as He has me. See you soon!

Elder Bushman

Elder Deal: "Mate overdosed Bushman! In reality he just fell asleep on the floor after daily planning and we posed him like that"

I FINISHED ALL THE PRACTICES IN THIS BOOK :)

This is the best dessert alive...in Chile that is! Haha!
Melón con Helado (melon with ice cream, nothing special, just AWESOME!!!)

Elder Kern and I last P-day of mine

Elder Deal and I last P-day (we played soccer and it was AWESOME)

No comments:

Post a Comment