Thursday, May 23, 2013

Week 6: I am Officially Here

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well, I am officially here, in Chile, in the Santiago East Mission with my new companion! There is a lot to say and there are amazingly cool things that have happened. I'm not sure when I can write, but I know I will begin to have P-days on Monday, so expect to hear from me then. Anyways, my new companion is Elder Frost, Zach Frost, from American Fork! Can you believe it? Haha, I'm so happy and so excited :)

So just to let you know I am alive and I'm in the mission field. I am really excited to get to work and to work with my companion. He is really pumping me up! Anyways, take care, say hello and "I love you" to everyone and I will write via email as soon as I can!

Love,
Elder Adam Bushman

Elder Bushman with President and Sister Wright
The new Santiago Chile East Missionaries

Missionaries with their new trainers
From Mom: I saw on Facebook (I'm friends with Sister Wright) that he arrived to the mission, as she posted photos of the new missionary arrivals. Not that he had very far to go! But, it was so good to get that tidbit. The mission secretary emailed me today with a scanned, handwritten letter from Adam. How exciting to have a trainer that he can really relate to and have some familiarity with, after being so immersed in the Spanish language and culture. We are excited to hear from him going forward on Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment