Monday, April 21, 2014

Yr. 2 - Week 4: New Sector and New Companion

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, the big news of the week is that I received a call from President Wright on Friday night saying I was heading to a new sector and receiving a new companion. I'm now in the ward La Florida 3, stake La Florida. :) I'm really excited! My companion is Elder Muzante, from Peru. He is 25 years old, he has 5 months in the mission, and I'm his second companion. This zone is really awesome, I'm in the same zone with Elder Rice and Elder Holsclaw (two of the guys from my MTC group! I'm also with Elder Wilson, Elder Gowdy, Elder Skousen, Elder Vorwaller, and others. Just REALLY great missionaries :) I feel as though it will be a powerhouse zone these next few changes! :D

This last week was a pretty good week. We had a lot of lessons with members, we really stepped it up with working with the bishop and our ward mission leader. Haha, it was really funny, in sacrament meeting, the second counselor said, "Well now we are going to give a little time to Elder Bushman to bare his testimony since he will be finishing his mission." I got up there and said, "I hope nobody goes to the temple because I'm not going to be there." I was trying to say in a funny way that I was not going home... But after the meeting, more than 10 people ran up to me and said, "Oh my gosh, I cannot believe you are leaving, how did you mission end so fast?" Etc.  etc.! Haha, I had to tell them that I was not going home but just to another sector! :) Hahaha! 

We used the "Because of Him" video a lot this week to teach about the Resurrection. We taught the M. family the Plan of Salvation using the video and the pamphlet. They understood it completely and it was awesome! We also shared it with a completo shop owner and he really loved it, saying he was going to check out mormon.org and stuff. 

Anyways, there isn't much else to report on account that I am in a new sector, without photos, and I haven't even hit the sector yet. But, things are great, I am excited, and we'll see you next week! Take care, love you all!

Elder Bushman
 
"Sharing the gospel brings eternal rewards. That is the spirit of the gospel of Jesus Christ, to labor without a salary, to labor without the comforts that we sometimes have at home, but to labor for the salvation of the human family, to bring our Father's other children to a knowledge of the truth." - George Albert Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment