Monday, June 16, 2014

Yr. 2 - Week 12: The Greatest University on Earth...the Mission

Dear Family and Friends,

This was a really busy week in terms of meetings but in terms of the work it was still pretty slow. We had a WHOLE BUNCH of meetings, first we had district class on Tuesday, then we had a meeting with Elder Robbins of the Seventy, and then on Friday we had zone conference. We've been trying to find new investigators since some of them have dropped us and others got baptized. Anyways, we have lots of future investigators, a lot of people who say they are interested but we haven't been able to contact hardly any of them. We have lots of names and phone numbers and addresses but not much is happening with them. Oh well.

Zone Conference was really cool! President talked a lot about the Restoration. He talked about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and several different events surrounding it. It was super cool. I learned a lot and I really have lots to work on as a missionary and a member!!! :) Elder Robbins talked a lot about the Holy Ghost. He taught a lot about how we can learn by the spirit. He also talked about the greatest university on earth...the mission. He talked about how we are put through different classes like clean up 100, personal hygene, 101, patience 505, diligence 325, etc. He gave me a bigger lift to continue working hard and to have more patience. 

There was a baptism in our ward yesterday for the other elders, Elder Vorwaller and Elder Capuñay. They baptized an older guy named J. He's a really great guy and he's really become converted over the last two months or so. :) Anyways, it was a super cool service and we had fun.

I went on divisions with Elder Skousen, my zone leader, the other day. He is from Lehi and lives just 5 minutes away from Jack and Frances. He is way cool and I had a really fun time with him. There are so many cool people that I want to chill with after the mission. He's also going to BYU so I'm stoked for that!!! 

Man, I'm so tired. I've been really tired of late but it's going to be nice just chilling here on p-day :D We're going to be playing Monopoly in the pension and eating and cooking!!! Anyways, thanks for everything, I love you all so much and I'm happy to be out here! :)

I love you all!

Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment