Monday, June 23, 2014

Yr 2 - Week 13: So we Found a New Family!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been a really good one, it went fast! :) We're already half way through the change, it's gone by SUPER FAST! :D

So I went on divisions this week with an elder in my district, Elder Lourentino, from Fortaleza, Brazil! :) It was so cool being on divisions with him. We had a lot of success and we had a lot of sweet experiences. One of the experiences was when we went to a part member family's home. We sat down with the sister and started talking but then we invited her brother (who never really listened to the missionaries) to come join us. His name is M. We decided to talk about church. We asked him what he expected to happen at church, why he didn't go the last time, etc. We pulled out some scriptures and explained why we go to church and how it is a commandment. Then we pulled out the lesson one pamphlet and read about church. We showed him the hymn book, we showed him some photos, and we explained everything he would be doing. He finally said, "Man, now I really want to go, I'm more excited!" We invited him to go and he said he would set his alarm and do everything possible. As we were leaving he gave me a hug and said, "Thank you, I promise, I'll do everything I can to go." I just talked with Elder Lourentino on the phone and he said that M. went, loved it, and is a progressing investigator :D I felt really good, knowing that my little effort and help in the teaching influenced him so much :D

So we found a new family! We got a reference from the mission about a week and a half ago and we finally set an appointment. We went by with F., our ward mission leader. We had a really awesome lesson centered around Christ, the temple, families, and some other principles of the Restoration. We sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" and talked about the spirit. We also gave them a Book of Mormon, the pamphlet of Lesson 1, and a photo of the Santiago Chile Temple. It is S. (dad), C. (mom), and A. (son, 11) / D. (son, 3). :) They are a super cool family and they would be perfect for the church. F. helped us out a lot!!! He's amazing! They had some commitments yesterday so they didn't go to church, but we're hoping that they go next week and that we can teach them about two times this week :D

Package... Here are some things I want!
     A box of Captain Crunch
     Reese's 
     A bunch of Christmas music (Vocal point, michael ball, whatev)ç
     
The biggest thing I want for my birthday...and you don't have to send it to me, is the  U.S.A. World Cup soccer selection jersey. I'm not sure how much it is or anything so if it's gonna make you guys mortgage the house, don't do it. But I've become obsessed with soccer and I'd like to have our country's jersey, especially since they are doing pretty well.

Anyways, thanks mom for everything! I love you all, thanks for everything!!!

Elder Bushman


This is a street in our sector....nuts...

This was the fog from the other day


Me and the fog

Hey mom, here's a photo of me that Elder Vorwaller took when we went up to Cajón de Maipo! :)

"Quite simply Our One Hope for spiritual safety during these turbulent times is to turn our minds and our hearts to Jesus Christ."
. . . . . . . . . .~ M. Russell Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment