Friday, May 16, 2014

Yr. 2 - Week 7: We're Here to Stay

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, what a week.

This week we set up a day to take the G. family to the temple and learn a bit more about the Plan of Salvation! We all had a great time but we got there really quick so we bought some stuff at the distribution center while we waited for the sister missionaries to show up and give us the tour. We talked to the son, J., and he started asking us questions about the mission. We told him how awesome it is and he commented later that night about the studies he wanted to do AFTER the mission...WHAT??? :) He's also regularly going to seminary and the other young men from the ward pick him up every time!! YES!!! We went throughout the tour and when we were in the waiting area of the temple, I asked the father, Hermano J. how he felt "being back to the temple". He said, "Oh I'm not just coming back, I'm staying, I'm staying with my kids. 12 years out of the church was long enough, we're here to stay :D HAHA; it made me so stoked!!!! It turned out really, really well; the best part being when L. told everybody at the start of the tour that he wasn't a member but that we was meeting with the missionaries so he could get baptized soon :D Elder Muzante and I are really excited and we are going to have an FHE tonight with another family in the ward :)

BAD NEWS: D. didn't go to church yesterday, canceled our FHE tonight, and we got a call from her saying that she has been thinking it over and she thinks it will be better if we don't continue. Well folks, that's that. It's quite sad. I think she just wants time to think things over...but, we'll see.

A funny experience from this week was when Elder Wilson (ZL) and I went on divisions in my sector. I told him about a place called the white box (a completo shop that sells a 1 1/2 foot long completos) and he said he wanted to go. We had 15 min. to get home when we got there with Elder Vorwaller and Elder Capuñay so we decided to go for it. We ordered and with about 8 min. to spare, we ran home with HUGE completo's in our hands barely getting home in time to not have to call President...Hahaha!!!! There were so many people honking at us saying "YEAH MAN!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT" Stuff like that :) Haha, it was WAY fun :)

So right now there are a LOT of people in our ward that can play the piano so I'm not playing at all... I'm about the exact same on my weight, nothing is really changing so that's good :) Things are good down here, I'm buying a camera today so expect a lot of photos next week okay :) Take care!!! I love you all!!!

Elder Adam Bushman
 
 
"We are commanded by God to take this gospel to all the world. That is the cause that must unite us today."
. . . . . . . . ~ Ezra Taft Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment