Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Yr. 2 - Week 8: My Influence is Reaching out more than Numbers can Really Show

Dear Family and Friends,

So last night we went to a less-active's house, his name is M. We were talking for a bit and then I looked over at his home theater and he had the BIGGEST freaking speakers I had EVER seen. They were sick, he said he was going to show us how they sounded and he put in a song for about 10 seconds and it was amazing, Dad would've dug it!!! It was like someone reached through the speaker, grabbed me, and just started shaking me! Haha, it was AWESOME :D It was a really good lesson too. We talked about how the priesthood can bless his family. He said he's trying to share the gospel with his partner and son who aren't members but he says it is hard and he thinks it's best to go slow. I said that he should try to pray and read his scriptures in front of her for a few nights and then start inviting her to join him and see how it results. He is really excited to try it and also work on getting married legally to his partner. :) It was a sick lesson, I felt like it was pretty inspired!!!

The G. family is doing absolutely fantastic...except for their health. L and J got sick and so their family didn't go to church yesturday. We are dropping by tonight to give a blessing to them and we'll probably be able to have a lesson tomorrow. Last week we taught the last part of the Plan of Salvation and invited L and C to be baptized officially. They accepted and so this week the baptismal date will probably be for the 8th of June. They are doing great, participating in seminary, activities, mutual, and everything!!! :D I'm way stoked!!
 
In response to your questions:
What's your new area like compared to the other one? 
     Our area is A LOT bigger, as a majority, richer than my old sector and there are a lot of retired people here and students...we live right next to a university.
 
Is Santiago flat or is it hilly?
     Santiago is in a valley so my old sector was at the most east part so it was hilly but now I'm closer to the middle!
 
How is the new pension? What kind of amenities does it have?
     We have way sick appliances, two showers, and a big gymn on the first floor!!!
 
What do your neighbors think of you? Are they gun-shy or friendly?
     They all try to avoid us and I've never had a conversation with them.
 
Are you still studying out of your spanish book? Do you read the BOM in spanish a lot?
     Every day I study out of my spanish book and I learn more words and grammar. I also do all my gospel studies in spanish.
 
Do you guys do much service? Yard/home projects, clean-up, community service, etc?
     We do as much as we can...but not a ton!
 
What have you been doing lately for p-day?
     We played soccer today, went to Di Fini last monday, played soccer the following, and rested.
 
Who is your district leader/zone leader right now?
     My zone leaders are Elder Wilson and Elder Skousen, I'm still DL...
 
So today I was able to talk to Elder Kern and he told me all about our old sector. He said that T. (our investigator who went to conference and who was going to church a lot) went to church yesterday and the baptismal service yesturday and then afterward told Elder Kern and Elder Prens that she feels ready and wants to be baptized. They set an official date for the 15th of June. They have really been befriending her and it sounds like she is going to be an amazing convert. She is involved with the young adults and she is showing just how much faith and action she has :D I was really stoked about that!!! The M. family is loving church and their sons, want to get involved in seminary, and they are all so involved. They don't have a baptismal date yet but they are going to do a temple tour this week and so hopefully that will work out and they can set a date :D I really feel that my influence is reaching out more than numbers can really show!!!!

Well, that's all for this week :) Love you all, Elder Bushman


Get well poster that I made for Elder Capuñay

Elder Capuñay was sick ... :(

4 generations: left to right, Elder Prens, Elder Kern, Elder Bushman, Elder Frost

Frost and Bushman

Elder Frost and I in a weird moment!

Elder Vorwaller ... I call him Big V
Elders Bushman and Kern
"True conversion comes through the power of the Spirit. When the Spirit touches the heart, hearts are changed. When individuals, both members and investigators, feel the Spirit working with them, or when they see the evidence of the Lord's love and mercy in their lives, they are edified and strengthened spiritually and their faith in Him increases. These experiences with the Spirit follow naturally when a person is willing to experiment upon the word. This is how we come to feel the gospel is true."  ~ M. Russell Ballard, October 2000 "Now is the Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment