Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 15: They Have Their Agency

Dear Family,


It's beginning to look a lot like P-DAY!!! :) Woot, I love P-day!!! Hahaha! 

So, congratulations to my buddy Taylor Welch for his call to Fort Collins, CO! That's so awesome, good luck man, you'll be awesome :D And good luck to Joresth Blakeley who's in the MTC right now! Glad Girl's Camp worked out good and that everyone had fun! Sounds like my family, extended family, is having a ball back in Utah...without me... Whatever! ;)

So first off, a spiritual experience I had this week:

This week it's been a little tough to work hard and have a good attitude while struggling with Spanish, having our investigators telling us to buzz off, and being stricken with an illness (more about being sick below). At points I was just like, "Ugh, I don't want to do this." But I did them, nevertheless. My experience was while we were watching the video, "How to Find Faith in Christ" with a recently reactivated member. While watching the video, I realized that Jesus Christ didn't want to die or suffer or hurt or anything. He didn't want any of it but he did it for us, for me. I kinda applied that to me. When there are things that I don't want to do, or when I am hurting, or when things are tough, I should remember Christ. I should just do these hard things because Christ did hard, hurtful things for me when he didn't want to. That has really changed my attitude. I felt the spirit a ton :)

Really quick, one of the things that I have eaten down here that is a little weird is Pig Head, or Cabeza de Chancho. It is really strange, good flavor, but I don't like the texture. It's really fatty :S

So right now I'm sick, it stinks. Last night was pretty bad, my stomach hurts, I have a headache, and my body is really sore and achy. I had a horrible sleep last night because I constantly felt at the point of throwing up. I woke up a lot and dreamed weird stuff... I just hope I can get better soon.

Right now the time feels like it's passing really slow and my struggles with Spanish and having success here isn't helping. Ya know what else? Chile is a hard place. There are a lot of members of the church but a lot of them are inactive.  At times it feels like we aren't making a difference down here and that's hard to deal with. But I know that our church is true, I know Joseph Smith is a prophet, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. And I know that through Christ's teachings and restored gospel covenants we can return to God again :) If people reject that, that's okay. They have their agency. Yes I'm sad, but at least I know what is right and at least I am choosing the right. 

One thing I have learned is that if I do not baptize anyone down here, nor if I aid anyone (which obviously won't happen), at least I am a better person. At least Christ worked a miracle in me. If I am converted from the mission, that is enough I suppose :)

Anyways, love you all, until next time!!!

Elder Adam Bushman

"My wall of Awesome Stuff"


"Elder Frost Cleaning"

"Elder Bushman Cleaning"
"I would rather have a son in the vineyard, saving the souls of men, than to have him heaping up gold at home and becoming a millionaire."  - Wilford Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment